Saturday, January 25, 2014

Psalm 23 for Parents


The Lord is my Father and I have all that I need.
He knows parenting is exhausting, so He leads me to times of rest and refreshment.
His Word guides me in how to train up my children and encourage them as they walk through life.
Even though I walk through the terrible two’s and the tumultuous teen years, I will not fear because your Word and your Holy Spirit are with me giving me comfort and strength.
You prepare me to depend on You more and more as my kids grow up.
You anoint my head with Your overflowing love, which makes it easy to show Your love to my kids and lead them in your ways.
Surely You are a good God, because You have blessed me with these children.
All the days of my life I will thank You for them.
Even though they will not always dwell in my house, I know they will always live in the home of my heart and You will be with them wherever they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment