Sunday, October 5, 2014

Moved By Faith, Not By Sight


 (This is Day 5 in 31 days of Our Adoption Adventure. To start at the beginning, click here.)
          
            After our disappointing experience with Tina, our first birth mother, we wondered if we had really heard God. Maybe we missed what He was saying. Maybe this was all He wanted, for us to walk with Tina and try to help her for five months. Months before we believed we heard from God, that He wanted us to adopt two more children, but when Tina left us before her delivery, we weren’t sure what to think.
            There is a great song by Greg Ferguson called Sweet Morning Light/This Pathway  that has been so meaningful to me, especially when trying to find God’s will.
Here are the lyrics: 

I will trust through the darkest night, 
what I knew to be true when I last saw daylight.

Moved by faith, not by sight,
till at last I see you what you promised to me.

On the distant horizon, the first sign of sweet morning light.

Lord, this pathway may not be easy,
but it’s where I’m meant to be.  
 In your presence You will find me
as my mind is stayed on thee.

I will follow through the canyons,
over mountains, across the seas. 
 You will find me in Your footsteps
till at last I’m home and free.

Lord, don’t let me be dissuaded 
 from your holy work in me, 
till I reach your destination 
 and I’m finally home and free.

                                                                       

            We wanted to know God’s will for us regarding adopting more children. Had we heard correctly? It didn’t seem like it was going to happen. It had not happened with the birth mother that chose us.
            We prayed. We trusted that what we had heard ‘in the daylight’ was true. As believers we know we are called to the life of Abraham ‘moved by faith, not by sight.’ Just because we could not see it happening, did not mean it was not going to happen.

 If you are going through something that you know God has called you to, but it is not happening right now, press on. Keep going. ‘Don’t be dissuaded from the holy work He is doing in you. Trust that what you knew to be true in the daylight, is still true in the darkest night.’

Bloginrobyn.blogspot.com
'I will follow through the canyons, over mountains, across the sea . . .'

*** Click here to read Day 6. ***

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to press on and push through! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to keep reminding myself too. God is so faithful to lead us.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing the lyrics to the song. It truly ministered to my heart. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete